[Shutsanonofre] Fusion reactors: Not what they’re cracked up to be

mike_bullock at earthlink.net mike_bullock at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 17 18:30:00 EST 2022

I think we need to legislate the GHG reducing measures that are described I the attached file.

Likewise, for other categories of GHG emissions. My focus is cars.

My idea for legislation is in the CADEM Platform, highlighted in red:

>From the 2020 California Democratic Party (CDP) Platform

*	Work to ensure that all graduating high school students are climate literate, including knowing

*	reasons for anthropogenic climate change and its potential for harm
*	the difference between climate stabilization and destabilization
*	climate-stabilizing greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction targets

*	the basis for those targets, and
*	the measures needed to achieve them; and

*	the primary categories of emissions, including the most problematic category: cars and light-duty trucks

*	Demand a state plan specifying how cars and light-duty trucks can meet climate-stabilizing targets by defining enforceable measures to achieve necessary fleet efficiency and per-capita driving limits

*	Demand Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) driving-reduction targets, shown by science to support climate stabilization
*	Work for equitable and environmentally-sound road and parking operations; smart growth; “complete streets”; teaching bicycling traffic skills; and improving transit, from local systems to high-speed rail
*	Support the design and implementation of a single, environmentally-sound technology system that will collect and distribute fees for the use of roads, parking, and transit that is both economically fair and convenient and protects user privacy and the interests of low-income users
*	Work for the electrification of all trucking and transit systems
*	Work to ensure that freeway expansion projects are subordinate to more sustainable alternatives that will result in more jobs and growth.